Days of week: TUE, WED, THUR,
Duration: 10:00 am until 6:00 pm
Pricing: $325 per person
Includes: Tasting Fees at 3 specialty wineries, charcuterie platter & food pairing, bottled water, transportation and professional Tour Guide
Tour Guarantee: minimum 2 / maximum 6
START DATE: SEP 1, 2021 – **pending statewide restrictions regarding post pandemic
Pick up at select downtown Portland hotels or pre-arranged location
Experience an elevated wine tasting experience full of wine tasting, education, and fun for all.
From the experienced to novice wine tasters, Oregon vineyards have something for everyone.
- What makes this tour unique?It’s no secret anymore, Oregon Willamette Valley has elevated itself as a renowned wine/culinary destination. The agricultural regions in Oregon offer a plethora of chef inspired ingredients that pair beautifully with Oregon wine varietals. With this elevated wine tour we combine the two to create a culinary & wine tasting experience sure to entice all levels of connoisseurs. Willamette Valley Wine Country:The wine region in the north Willamette valley, which was once known for fruit orchards and nurseries has transformed into one of the country’s premier cool-climate varietal producers. The unique relationship between volcanic Jory soils, elevation, and protective micro-climates has consistently proven ideal for vineyards, and has produced Oregon’s top Pinot Noir for decades. Visit the epicenter of Pinot country, Dundee Hills, among others, renowned for its first Pinot Noir plantings in the 60’s by Oregon’s early winemaker pioneers.
Wine Tour Highlights:
- Visit 3 of wineries, each with a unique experience from; barrel tasting, side by side food and wine pairings and possible cave tour experience. Each pairing will be enhanced by a knowledgeable wine expert or sommelier.
- Our elevated wine tour meets every expectation from visitors whether a wine novice, experienced connoisseur or first time wine tasting experience.
- Food & wine pairing will consist of wine styles and varietals from red, white, sparkling, and rose wines grown in multiple AVA’s in Oregon.
- Your professional Tour Guide will provide commentary along the way about the region’s uniqueness with it’s history, terroir and challenges while relaxing and taking in the incredible views of the countryside.
The Willamette Valley, Oregon’s leading wine region, has two-thirds of the state’s wineries and vineyards and is home to more than 500 wineries. It is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing areas in the world. Buffered from Pacific coast storms by the Coast Range, the Willamette Valley maritime influence aids in the benefit to provide the best conditions possible for growing the cool-climate grape variety for which Oregon is best known, Pinot noir and Pinot Gris.
By this measure the Willamette Valley compares favorably with the Burgundy and Alsace regions of France.
The wine region in the north Willamette valley, which was once known for fruit orchards and nurseries has transformed into one of the country’s premier cool-climate varietal producers. The unique relationship between volcanic Jory soils, elevation, and protective micro-climates has consistently proven ideal for vineyards, and has produced Oregon’s top Pinot Noir for decades. Visit the epicenter of Pinot country, Dundee Hills, among others, renowned for its first Pinot Noir plantings in the 60’s by Oregon’s early winemaker pioneers. Numerous sub-AVA’s (American Viticultural Areas) in the Willamette Valley has slowly established themselves as premium wine growing regions in Oregon and continues to produce world renowned Pinot Noir and many other wine varietals equalling distinguished.
Terms and Conditions
We hope you join in on the activities and team spirit. We suggest you bring a light jacket. The days can be pleasantly cool in the winter months, around 40-48 degrees mostly and summer months, warm around 70 to 85 degrees, with cooler evenings. Tour participants should keep this in mind and bring suitable clothing. Additional information will be provided for recommended clothing prior to travel.
Customized and Private Tours: All tours can be customized and/or made private. Please contact us for details and pricing.
Tour Price Includes: Pick up & Drop off, transportation and tour guide. All applicable fees, unless otherwise stated.
Not Included in Price: Driver Gratuity NOT included.
Requirements: Tours must be paid in full to be confirmed.
Payment: On-line reservations can be made or via phone using a credit or debit card. Payment will be processed immediately to secure your reservation. Payment on day of pick up will not guarantee your reservation.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 5 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reservations: All reservations are final at time of booking. We recommend two weeks in advance for reservations especially during our high volume seasons. Walk-ins please call to confirm departure and availability.
I. Other Entities – AHWT will not be held responsible cancellations, changes to services/fees/price, conduct, of quality of goods and services for entities that operate under any name other than America’s Hub World Tours including, but not limited to: vendors, tour operators, vineyards and wineries, event staff, hotels, transportation companies, restaurants and entertainers.
II. Weather – Unless otherwise noted and specified all services are planned to operate regardless of weather. In the event of an “Act of God” and weather presents a safety issue AHWT will offer other suggested tours to consider. There will be no reimbursements, full or partial, for inclement weather experienced during any service provided. It is the responsibility of the guests to be prepared for predicted weather and dress accordingly.
III. Conduct – AHWT assumes no responsibility for conduct of individuals other than its guides/employees/officers.
Indemnify: Except as otherwise prohibited by law each party shall indemnify and hold the other party harmless from all claims, actions, suits, losses, and expenses of any nature for its employees or subcontractors, breach of their agreement, negligence or intentional misconduct.
Insurance: America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT), will maintain or provide insurance coverage for all vehicles utilized while providing services.