COVID-19 Tour Safety Procedure Update
The safety of our guests and staff is a top priority and we are monitoring the evolving Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation closely.
Click this link to watch a video about the safety procedures we will be following on all tours: Safety Procedures
We are taking recommended prevention and response measures, including:
- Our Tour Guides will be wearing a mask throughout the duration of the tour and wearing gloves when sanitizing, taking temperatures, opening/closing doors, and providing sanitizer to guests.
- Guides will take their temperatures frequently to monitor for fever and will not work if they are sick. After an illness, a guide can return to work after receiving a negative test for COVID-19 or having no fever for 14 days.
- Before leaving our dispatch, each Tour Guide will ensure that all surfaces in the vehicle are properly sanitized and wiped down.
- Prior to any guest entering the vehicle at their pickup location our Tour Guide will use a non-contact thermometer to ensure that anyone with a fever or anyone travelling with others who have a fever (temperature must be less than 100.4ºF (38.0ºC)) do not enter the vehicle. If a customer has a fever we will issue a full refund.
- The front seat will be off-limits to guests.
- In the event that a guest jeopardizes the health and safety of another guest, a guide, or a partner employee or customer (e.g. refuses to wear a mask, refuses to abide by social distancing guidelines, etc.), they will be removed from the tour, and no refund will be issued.
- During the excursion our Tour Guides will be the only individuals to open and close the doors of the vehicle.
- Guests will wear a mask for the duration of the tour, except in locations where masks are not required. Guests are required to supply their own masks. Guests without masks will not be allowed to take the tour and no refund will be given. Guests under the age of 5 or who are medically compromised will not be required to wear a mask per CDC guidelines. Children ages 5 and over are required to wear a face covering.
- Guests will refrain from physical contact with our guide, other guests not in their party, partner staff, or other patrons while maintaining 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- At each stop when guests exit the vehicle our Tour Guide will use sanitary wipes to disinfect commonly touched areas inside the vehicle.
- Upon getting back into the vehicle our Tour Guide will provide hand sanitizer or wipes for each customer.
- At the end of each tour all surfaces inside the vehicle will be sanitized and wiped down.
- We will limit the number of guests on our tours to 8 people.
- We are expanding our communications about our refund policy to ensure anyone who is not feeling well will receive a full refund for the tour if cancelled.
- Our leadership team will continue to actively monitor the recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and OHA and implement best-practices accordingly.
- When you place your reservation we collect your name, email address, phone number, and home address so that if we receive notification that a guest has tested positive for COVID-19 we can contact all other guests that were on that tour.
- All tour guests will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement prior to joining the tour. If a guest refuses to sign the waiver they will not be allowed to join the tour. The waiver can be found here: Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement
As always, we will communicate clearly and directly about our plans and activities to continue to offer our tours in the safest possible environment.
Click this link to view CDC recommendations on how to wear cloth face coverings: CDC cloth face covering guidelines
Click this link to see the latest COVID-19 updates from the Oregon Health Authority: Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 Updates
If you feel ill and need to see a doctor here is a link to the Oregon Hospital Map: Oregon Hospital Map